Leonardo Italian Quality Prizes Regulations
The Leonardo (Italian Quality Committee) has established the Leonardo Italian Quality Prize, which is awarded annually to entrepreneurs from companies that have been particularly successful in international markets.
The Leonardo Italian Quality Prize is awarded to the companies ranked first, second and third, based on the outcome of the votes cast by the panel of judges regarding the candidacies submitted by the Executive Board. The Executive Board selects the candidates on the basis of these criteria:
– increased export revenues and presence in several overseas markets;
– high level of quality and innovation of exported products;
– exemplary organisational and business model for the international development of Italian enterprise;
– being a reference model within its sector.
The Leonardo Prize panel of judges consists of Members, editors in chief of renowned newspapers and magazines, and the managers of the main radio and television broadcasters. The composition of the panel of judges is ratified or modified by the Executive Board of the Leonardo Committee.
This procedure is followed:
A) Each year the Chairman of the Committee sends a personal letter to the members of the panel of judges in order to present the objectives of the Leonardo Italian Quality Prize, and request notification of the candidacies.
B) In order to validate the votes cast, the ballot papers are sent back to the General Secretariat of the Leonardo Committee within the specified period. The General Secretariat counts the votes and prepares a related report. The outcome of the vote counting is secret. The report prepared by the General Secretariat may be consulted, on request, exclusively by the members of the Executive Board.
C) Once the votes have been counted, the Executive Board meets to verify the accuracy of the outcome of the voting.
D) If the list of candidates notified by the Executive Board includes the name of one of its members, this person should withdraw from the Board’s deliberations for obvious reasons of fairness.
E) The choice of winners is irrevocably decided on by the Executive Board. In the event of a tie, the Chairman of the Board has a casting vote.
F) The candidates that have been approved by the Executive Board are declared winners of the Prize.
Leonardo Italian Quality Prizes should be collected by the winners in person.
The names of the winners are withheld until the day of the award ceremony at the Quirinal Palace.
Last version – Rome, 8 November 2012
ANNEX A: COMPOSITION OF THE PANEL OF JUDGES
The members of the panel of judges, who are asked to state their preferences, include:
– Members of the Leonardo Committee – Members of the Appointments Committee – General Manager of RAI – Chairman of Mediaset – Editor in Chief of LA7 – Editor in Chief of Sky News – Editor in Chief of Class CNBC
– Editors in Chief: Il Corriere della Sera, Il Foglio, Il Gazzettino, Il Giornale, Il Giorno, Il Manifesto, Il Mattino, Il Messaggero, Il Piccolo, QN, Il Riformista, Il Sole 24 Ore, Il Tempo, Italia Oggi, L’Avvenire, La Gazzetta del Sud, La Nazione, La Repubblica, La Stampa, L’Unità, Libero, Milano Finanza.
– Editors in Chief: Affari e Finanza,Capital, Cosmopolitan, GQ, Il Mondo, L’Espresso, Panorama, Vanity Fair.