Riccardo Maria MontiHonorary members
49 anni, da giugno 2016 è Presidente di Italferr, società d’ingegneria del Gruppo Ferrovie dello Stato.
Da aprile 2016 a giugno 2016 è stato Presidente di Grandi Stazioni S.p.A per seguire la fase finale del processo di privatizzazione.
49 years, from June 2016 President of Italferr, Engineering Company of the Group Ferrovie dello Stato (National Railway’s Company).
From April 2016 to June 2016 has been President of Grandi Stazioni S.p.A. to manage the Company’s privatization process.
From April 2012 to April 2016 was Chairman of the Italian Trade Promotion Agency with the mission to support the internationalization of Italian firms and to attract Foreign Investments.
Mr. Monti is presently Board Member of Assocamerestero (the association of the Italian chambers of commerce overseas) and Advanced Capital, aprimary “Alternative Investment” firm.
From 2012 to 2015 he was Vice President of SIMEST (the public company in charge of venture capital and financial support for Italian investments overseas) and from 2012 to 2013, he was the Personal Advisor for International Affairs of the Italian Minister of Economic Development.
These charges have given him the opportunity to consolidate a global network, especially in relation to “cross-border investments”, made up of governments and public institutions, important entrepreneurs, and investment funds in countries of the major areas and regions of the world. During this time, he gained a thorough knowledge of the Italian industrial system (both in the traditional sectors of the ‘ Made in Italy ‘ and in the areas of high-technology) and its development abroad.
In the 15 preceding years, Riccardo Monti managed the development and internationalization of the Value Partners Group, building it from a boutique with 30 consultants into a preeminent Italian multinational professional services firm by 2012, operating with approximately 3,000 employees in 15 offices worldwide.
During this time, from 1999 to 2006 he led the Global Telecom and Middle Practice, where he worked with over 20 operators in the sector and participated in many programs of privatization and assignment of licenses for telecommunications in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa.
He has worked with corporations and governments in over 30 countries, particularly in large emerging markets (America Latin America, Asia, the Middle East) dealing with privatization and projects of international expansion and relocation.
Since 2007 he is Treasurer of the Board of the Robert Kennedy Foundation, which has been working on projects in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
- Degree in Economics and Business at the University of Naples, with praises and publication of his thesis;
- Research Fellowship in International Management at Columbia University, New York;
- Master in Management of Technology, Brooklyn Polytechnic, New York.
- Languages: Italian, English, Portuguese, French, and Spanish.
- 1999-2012: Executive Director (Chief Executive) at Value Partners;
- 1995-98: at Booz Allen & Hamilton, with increasing responsibilities in CMT (Communications, Media, Technology);
- 1993: Logic Consulting, responsible for area operations;
- 1991-92: Federmeccanica, Rome, project manager in the project ‘Logica’;
- 1990-91: Gec Alsthom in Paris, as an analyst and member of the TQM;
- 2012-2013: Personal Advisor for International Affairs, Italian Minister of Economic Development;
- 2012 –2015: Vice President, SIMEST;
- 2012-2016: President, Italian Trade Promotion Agency.